Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Who are we?
Hook Norton Village Website (HNVW) is the data controller. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
HNVW complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To enable us to provide services for the benefit of the public in Hook Norton;
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the village and its residents;
- To manage our volunteers;
- To maintain our own accounts;
- To inform you of news, events, activities and services;
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services and keep you informed about local events.
Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations in relation to employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
Sharing your personal data
We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Specifically, we retain electoral roll data while it is still current;
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which HNVW holds about you;
- The right to request that HNVW corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for HNVW to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact the Hook Norton Village Website Team